banner

Wednesday 26 April 2017

English Grammar: Sentence Structure

Hi, Due to natural disaster and heavy rainfall I have lost my net connection. So, I apologize to you, friends, whom I was committed ho help. Now, I am going to describe about something that you must know about English. :)
An English sentence usually has two parts. They are
1) subject and
2) predicate.
About which/ whom we talk in a sentence is the subject. For example, "She is beautiful. "
Here, I am talking about 'she'. So, she is the subject here. Similarly, I am a man. Here 'I' is the subject. The tree is tall. Here 'the tree' is the subject.
Now, what is predicate. What we say about the subject is the predicate in the sentence. For example, She is beautiful. Here, she is the subject, and 'is beautiful ' are now predicate, because it was said about subject.
In simple, the later parts or next parts of subject is predicate. Example, She likes noodles. Here, 'she' is subject and 'likes noodles' is predicate.
Note:
* subject is the 1st part of a sentence, and predicate is the 2nd part.
Now, you can understand how easy English is. If you want to speak in English, there are only two steps. Find out the subject first, like you want to say something about your friend, then your friend is the subject.
Say, My friend. :)
What do you want to say about him/ her????
is a good person.
is a bad person.
is very clever.
is very smart.
Then, all these are predicate. You might say
My friend is a doctor.
My friend is busy now.
My friend likes games.
My father is an angry man.
My brother teaches me English.
An apple is good for health.
Students are playing in the field.
They are singing songs.
I think you enjoyed my lesson. It is a very basic level grammar lesson. If you think it useful, please find out the subjects and predicates of the above sentences. You can write some more examples below. And comment please if you don't understand. I will try to write next lessons soon. Thank you. May Allah help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment